Monday, September 28, 2009

Direction

DIRECTION

I am still mostly an introvert. I don’t like being around large sums of people unless those people are ones that I’m familiar and comfortable with. Many of my friends urge me to come out of that antisocial shell in which I hide. Though, I have my reasons as to why I choose to keep to myself. I don’t trust people that I don’t know. I hardly trust the ones that I do. My mind is constantly focused on what to do in order to take the next forward step in life. Most people that I meet are content with where they are. No, that doesn’t make them bad people, but it does make those people hazardous to my life. Contentment can kill you. If it doesn’t kill you, it can definitely make you homeless, leave you scrounging from other people, or just lacking in life. I want the abundance of what life has to offer, therefore, I keep my distance from those content people. I befriend people who compliment me and my ambitions as was as have ambitions of their own.

Honestly, I was about to set my ambitions on cruise control. I was surrounded by content people. I’m not blaming them, but contentment is contagious. I could have used better judgment and separated myself, but I was in a totally different world than the one that I’m in now. Nothing was coming to me, and things were constantly being taken away. God has awesome ways of opening eyes and telling people to keep going, or to “tighten up”. He placed in my path; direction and encouragement to reach for heaven in everything that I do. I took heed and, now, can see things coming together slowly. I love seeing things come together. It gives me the motivation to keep doing whatever I need to do to get to where I want to be. I’M ON IT!! All in due time, I’ll be there and I’m taking a few people with me because they are a part of the direction and encouragement that has been placed in my path. Surround yourself with people who strive for excellence and who make forward progress in life.

SHOUTS OUT TO TEP!!

0 comments: