Sunday, October 25, 2009

ANGELS

ANGELS

I can honestly say that I’ve seen, pretty much, immediate results from actions that have been taken that were stated in my last blog. It seems like the right people were placed in my life at the right time. God has placed 2 valuable people in my life, just as I was thinking that everyone cared less. I’m grateful and I value your friendship to the fullest. It feels so good to know that I have people who have my back and who are there to listen to me when I’m feeling down and out. I don’t spit out names in my blog unless it’s someone in my immediate family, but these two people know who they are. I’ve had an amazing day today. I can’t recall the last time I had one either, but I’m overwhelmed about it today. It’s wild though. I could sit here and list the things that are messed up in their entirety, but it wouldn’t matter because I feel good. I visited a friend’s church today and it was such a loving, spiritually filled atmosphere. The church is in Vicksburg, Ms. and named Bypass Church of Christ. This is the way a church is supposed to be. It seemed like every member in the church had the same mother and father. The fellowship within the sanctuary was so moving and the Holy Spirit resided in every corner of that place. Man, I love it! That church is filled with angels.

One of my friends was talking about the revival service that held last night. I literally could feel her energy just by reading her message that was typed about it. So I wanted to experience some of that goodness myself. Lord knows that I needed it. The only problem was that the church is in Vicksburg. My car will not make it that far. I told you that this church is filled with angels, and I mean that. My friend who is a member of the church offered to come and pick and up so that I could ride along with her. I was really going to have another “sit-in Sunday “. With the offer extended, I wasn’t going to miss out on my blessing. On another note, I can clearly see why she drives from Jackson to Vicksburg each Sunday for church service. That church is awesome. I probably wouldn’t be feeling as good as I’m feeling now if I had turned down that offer.

If that’s not enough, I received great news from my other friend involving some business issues. More importantly, when I told him about the changes in my life that I was making, he totally respected and accepted it. I know that many people are going to turn away from me, but that is just God working and weeding out all the things that block my sight and hinders me from what is mine. It’s great to know that someone that I would consider to be a brother to me would still support me in all of my endeavors.

On top of all of that, today I was searching for some sponsorship information online, and my 2 year old daughter climbed in to my lap and separated me from the computer just for about 8 seconds. She sat in my lap and said, “I missed you, daddy” and gave me a kiss and a huge hug. It literally made me cry. Just to know that my life means so much to one person is a thought that leaves me speechless and in complete awe. My baby girl is my motivation, and all this time I was talking about living for her to have the greatest and brightest future, but I wasn’t doing it to the max. I was killing myself slowly by getting drunk every weekend, being down and out consistently, and shunning away from my own family. I need to be here for her and I will. I’ll be her for her better than any other man could be. I’m so thankful right now. I just feel like shouting.

I’ll leave you with this:

You won’t ever catch overindulged in alcohol again. I don’t have to be here and my flesh is temporary, so why should I abuse it?

You won’t ever catch me beating up myself about the trials that I’m going through. Someone somewhere has it way worse than I.

You won’t ever catch me isolating myself from my family again. When everyone else is gone, that’s all that I physically have.

0 comments: